Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Stupid complaints with a teenager

As a heads up, I do not, in fact have a teenage daughter named Regina, nor ever plan on naming my future child Regina, but please do enjoy :) 


Regina is your stereotypical middle school drama queen. You'd think as her Mother I wouldn't say this about her. Whoops. She's a brat, and always has been actually. Again, whoops. She knew this Friday was her grandfather's 60th birthday party, I told her two weeks ago, I remember quite clearly. But according to her, I "Never" told her. Figures.

It started with her walking down the stairs, popping her gum and texting who-knows what, "Hey mom," she opened with. I knew this wasn't going to be good.  "So I'm going to need a ride home from Hannah's party Friday, 'cause Trish said her mom would be too wasted by two A.M to pick us up ha-ha #DUCES " 

Trish's mom works night shifts as a nurse. I bet she told Trish she'd be "wasting" her time picking these two up, not what Regina had told me.

"Regina, listen to me" How else am I supposed to start? There is no other way to start of this conversation. "Friday we are going to Grandpa's party"
She still hadn't looked at me.
"Which means that you can't go to Hannah's party"

Now her head popped up like her gum
"OMG MOM, I LIKE, CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE YOU! YOU NEVER LET ME GO TO HANNAH'S PARTIES, AND LIKE, THAT'S NOT EVEN FAIR! NOW IM GOING TO MISS ANOTHER ONE BECAUSE OF GRANDPA'S PARTY!"

"Regina, I let you go to one of Hannah's parties last week "

"BUT MOM, THAT WASN'T EVEN FUN. THIS PARTY IS GOING TO HAVE BOYS! AND NOW YOU’RE MAKING ME MISS IT. I ALREADY TOLD HANNAH I WAS COMING, OMG MOM! "

"You also told Grandpa two weeks ago you would be at his party "

"BUT THAT'S LIKE, TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I CAN'T BELEVE YOU! I HATE YOU!"


She stormed upstairs before I could say anything else. Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment